The bootloader is a barrier and provides security so that you don’t brick your phone.
An locked bootloader make wiping data, flashing a custom ROM and similar tasks next to impossible.
However if you, want to do some particular takes can be one from following.
- Flashing recovery
- Installing custom Android os.
You need to unlock your phones bootloader to perform any of these actions.
Some smartphone vendors make it easier while some put extra layer that includes taking permission to unlock bootloader.
The easy approach.
Works on nexus, pixel, oneplus and other.
Unlocking bootloader in these phone is easy and includes these steps.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Tick allow oem unlock.
- Boot your phone in Fastboot/download mode (power + volume down /volume up).
- Set adb and Fastboot tools.
- Open command prompt from the folder.
- Type Fastboot devices to verify the connection.